Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 7, 2011

So yesterday was kind of meh for poker. I didn't really feel like playing again. I guess that makes two days so far this year when I didn't want to play. At least I played more than 75 hands. I booked another winning day so that keeps the "green day" streak alive. I also barely stayed on pace for Supernova which is good. I'm feeling like the 200k VPP goal may not be realistic. We'll have to see what the future holds but as of now, I'd either have to move up in stakes (which is possible) or double my volume (also possible) to achieve 200k VPP's for the year. I definitely think 100k VPP's is reasonable and will be disappointed in myself if I don't reach that goal by the end of the year.

On a totally different note, I started watching what I eat this year. The past 7-8 years, I've really fallen into a bad spot health wise. I'm a small guy who should weigh anywhere between 130-135lbs. I've let myself slip to 155lbs. I literally eat out 90% of the time and probably drink 7-10 Cokes a day. My calorie intake is through the roof. So far this year, I've only had 1 Coke (January 2) and have really changed my eating habits.

I downloaded a cool app on my iPhone yesterday that gives me a day by day calorie goal and lets me track what I eat. If you can believe it, I am only allowed 1200 calories a day! I'm happy to report yesterday I was under my goal by 148 calories. I obviously would like to eat anything I want but I'm finding this diet is fun in a weird way. It feels like a game I'm playing with myself and I obviously don't want to lose to the calories. Let's hope I can keep this going.

January 7, 2011
Hands: 976
+/-: +$88.15
VPP's: 211.64

2011
Hands: 9843
+/-: +$744.65
VPP's: 1,957.62
BR: $1,595.84

No comments:

Post a Comment