Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chase for Supernova VIP on PokerStars

I've decided that I'd like to achieve Supernova VIP status on PokerStars this year. If I grind steadily throughout the year, it shouldn't be very difficult. The 100k VPP requirement for Supernova only requires ~$50 paid rake per day. As an absolute minimum, I'd like to achieve 100k VPP's. Realistically, I think 200k VPP's is not out of the question and would provide me an additional $8,100. The benefits of Supernova status on PokerStars are quite a big deal (to me).

As a Supernova VIP, I would be given a 3.5 FPP multiplier, have access to the $4,000 instant cash bonus, concierge service available, and many other perks. FPPpro.com estimates a 100k VPP Supernova to be worth 33% rakeback. Thats a whole lot better than the 27% weighted contributed method Full Tilt now uses. On top of the better rakeback percentage, PokerStars offers so much more game selection. It's the world's largest poker site so why not play there?

I have some new life changes coming up this year so hopefully everything goes well. I start back in school later this month which I'm not looking forward to but feel is necessary. I'm also back home living with my parents again which is a drag but also necessary. If poker goes well, hopefully I can afford to move out and get my own place again. I am happy to report I left my job in July and feel good about it. I was going nowhere fast in the golf business and very unhappy with the way my life was turning out. I think moving home and getting my life re situated was a plus. And it also gave me time grind!

I'm really looking forward to 2011. Hopefully, I can knock out my school work, grind a bunch of VPP's, make some money, and lose the weight I've put on. I'll use this blog to update what's going on and will hopefully look back at the end of 2011 with no regrets.

Happy New Year!

-spark929

No comments:

Post a Comment